A collection of 308 aquatint engravings of Regency Britain’s coastline, captured by William Daniell on eight excursions between 1814 – 1825. These plates are from our exhibition sets and are available individually or in multiples.
The images displayed on the left are representations of the eight volumes comprising this edition:
- Volume 1 (1814) Cornwall to Holyhead
- Volume 2 (1815) Anglesea to Galloway
- Volume 3 (1818) Ayrshire to Isle of Skye
- Volume 4 (1820) Skye, Ross-Shire & Isle of Lewis
- Volume 5 (1821) Orkney, Kirkwall & Caithness
- Volume 6 (1822) Aberdeen to Essex
- Volume 7 (1824) Sheerness to Weymouth
- Volume 8 (1825) Portland to Cornwall
Many other well-known and well-loved coastal locations are also depicted and available for purchase. Please use the contact button below to request images of specific plates currently not pictured on our website.
A COMPLETE LIST OF PLATES ENGRAVED
You can download a complete list of the subjects engraved by
Individual prices start from £60.
A discount of 20% will be applied to purchases of four or more plates.
Printed in monochrome and published in 1978 in association with the Tate Gallery in a limited edition of 90 impressions.
Plate size: 9 x 11 inches (229 x 279mm)
Paper size: 12 ½ x 15 ½ inches (317 x 394mm)
AVAILABILITY & PURCHASE
To enquire about the availability and purchase of a particular plate, to request images of specific plates not pictured on the AHE website, or to learn more about the edition, please use our dedicated contact form by clicking below, or call +44 (0)1722 782544.